Monday 13 May 2013

Clerkenwell Vintage Fair

http://ilovemarkets.co.uk/events/vintage-wonderland-clerkenwell-vintage-fashion-fair/

Yesterday, I Love Markets attended the Clerkenwell Vintage Fair at The Old Finsbury Town Hall. Now, being a lover of vintage clothing, this place resembled some sort of heaven. Situated in the large and very extravagant town hall, it was the perfect place to house all of these amazing clothes. I was astonished by the variety of products up for grabs. All kinds of clothing sourced from the 1920s up to the 80s, and mostly in very good condition. My only problem was I tend to get attracted to the 1940s clothes, where the women were evidently much smaller than today!  


Beehive was there selling 40s style dresses! 






 Vintage tea dresses from the 1930s & 40s and 50s were the main attraction, with hats; fascinators; gloves and jewellery available also. One of the stalls carried vintage Chanel; Pucci; Hermes and Ossie Clarke. Although way out of my price range, I did enjoy snooping around and admiring these well kept treasures. 




5-6-7-8 Vintage was at the fair selling her beautiful hand picked vintage clothes.












My favourite aspect of the day, was seeing a tailor/alterer have her own layout. This is such a good idea, as I find the only problem with vintage clothes is that they always need a bit of altering to get them fitting exactly how you want them.



In the back of the venue, there was a tea room set up with freshly baked cakes and scones. A lady dressed in her 50s gear, sung old fashioned tunes, whilst everyone enjoyed their cups of tea. 

I would definitely recommend anyone who loves vintage clothes/accessories to give the next fair a visit. It has been probably my favourite fair so far, and I came away with two dresses and a blouse! 

Discover London's best vintage markets at I Love Markets!

No comments:

Post a Comment